And they whirl and they twirl and they tango

Infrequently updated, uninteresting blather.

Friday, April 15, 2005

Whoa! Hillsong loves me!

It's after 2 in the morning. Andrew just woke me up with a wonderful drunken call, and it made me laugh so much that I can't get back to sleep right away. He's a very sweet, friendly drunk, which isn't surprising given that he's a sweet, friendly person. I wonder what it means that I am a dark, maudlin drunk; does it mean that's who I really am? Does alcohol reveal one's true personality? Anyway, it may seem inconsiderate to wake someone up at 2 in the morning, but I'll quote something he said tonight so you'll understand: "I was drunk and I was thinking, who can I call and not feel guilty?" Yes, that's right, Andrew has been on the receiving end of a drunken phone call from Muskrat (as many of you have), so now I deserve one back. It's only fair.

DID YOU SEE THE COMMENT ON MY LAST ENTRY? Phillip Dooley and the Hillsong crew actually found my blog. Can you believe it? While I'd like to believe they loved me so much that they stayed up all night searching for some sign of me on the internet, the truth is that most web page owners can easily look up who links to their site. Still, it totally rocked my face off.

Dear Hillsong,

I love you guys!! You all are flippin' sweet. I'm sorry that I didn't make it to your show, but not having a car made me pretty limited in my options for the evening. I hope it went well, and I'm glad that you made it home to Sydney safe and sound. I would love to come and visit sometime when I can afford the plane ticket. Perhaps in the fall when it will be spring down there; you crazy Aussies!

Anyway, now I'm worried that they'll be put off by my coarse language and questionable content, but I hope not. I'll try to keep it clean; I wouldn't want them to be afraid to let me around the youths when I visit. I actually am a Christian who's done quite a bit of mission work, although from my actual religious beliefs and behavior that information might surprise most people. I heart Jesus.

What's the theme of this entry? People love me! Or at least they love me when they're drunk or very, very far away. Either way, I'm feelin' good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home