And they whirl and they twirl and they tango

Infrequently updated, uninteresting blather.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Incompatibility

It continually and increasingly amazes me how little Jeff and I actually have in common. We rarely like the same music, movies, or recreational activities, and what's more, we often actively dislike each other's choices in those areas. It seems like every other day I'm telling him that all of his music is monotonous and repetitive Casio-keyboard shit, and he's telling me hates coffee, cigarettes, and the movie Coffee and Cigarettes. He'll be living here in February, and I'll be damned if I know what the hell we're going to do together when he gets here. I live at the Spiderhouse, drinking coffee and smoking. When I'm not doing that, I'm cavorting around town in sizeable groups of people that would make Jeff incredibly uncomfortable. He hates Toy Joy; I hate video games. I hate goth bands; he hates Genesis. There is no way this match could possibly work.

And yet we're madly, madly in love. Sigh. It really is all just pheremones, isn't it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jefe said...

I don't HATE coffee, exactly. Or Toy Joy.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Muskrat Love said...

You kept making gagging noises every time someone on screen took a drink of coffee. What was I supposed to think?

I'm glad I inspired you, Becca, although I'm not sure how I did it.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Jefe said...

Look, I know it's your blog and all, but let's not revise history here. I made no gagging noises, although I DID do some murmuring of sweet nothings, which you might have mis-interpreted...

2:32 AM  
Blogger wayne said...

murmuring of sweet nothings.... ew. Just plain ew. And for the record, Jefe, I'm with you on the movie Coffee and Cigarettes. I just couldn't finish it.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home