And they whirl and they twirl and they tango

Infrequently updated, uninteresting blather.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Good News and Bad News

I've discovered that keeping up with a blog is difficult when you work more than 55 hours a week. It's not only that I'm too tired and I don't have the time; it's that all I have to write about is work, which no one wants to read. You see, there are only six people working in our office, so it's not like we have a secretary to do all of our mindless work for us. Not only do I come up with all the ideas and plan big events, I have to do the cutting, pasting, copying, printing, and other such tasks that are normally reserved for your everyday drones. I may be the "Marketing Coordinator," but I'm also answering phones and typing all the time like a temp. The good news is, I make about as much money as a mindless drone, so.

Let's organize this entry into good news and bad news, shall we?

Good news: Courtney and Laura are coming down to Austin to see a totally awesome concert all weekend!
Bad news: I can't afford to go to the concert, and they're staying with someone else.

Good news: I'm getting to know Austin really well, all the awesome clubs, bars, shops, and restaurants!
Bad news: I can't afford to buy anything.

Good news: They kicked up my food stamps from $140 to $149!
Bad news: I'm on food stamps.

Good news: Now that I don't have to read for school all the time, I have more time to catch up on novels that I've always wanted to read.
Bad news: I'm getting stupider, day by day. No, seriously, today I made 100 lunch passes for our students with the word "signautre" on it. Guess that B.A. in English did me a lot of good.

Good news: I'm coming home October 1st to see Elliot and all my Okie friends. We're going to see Ben Folds at OU!!
Bad news: Elliot's roommate told Elliot that he feels that my presence at the Ben Folds concert will cut into "their time." Apparently they don't get enough quality time together living together 24 hours a day.

Good news: As tired as I am, sometimes I'm lucky enough to have a sex dream.
Bad news: It usually involves Harry Anderson from Night Court.

Bad news: You will die like dogs.
Good news: No, we will not die like dogs, we will fight like lions!

Okay, I'm getting goofy; it's time to stop. I hope all of you still love me--yes, all three of you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you just lost at least one of the three with that Three Amigos reference. And no, it wasn't me, because I hate you with the fire of a thousand suns.


Giles

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some explanations:
We would have stayed with you if I thought you were going to be in Austin. And we still could stay a night with you, but Laura also wants to hang out with her UT friend. And, you should totally get a one day pass to the concert, and come on Sunday (Sat. doesn't look as cool) OR I could buy it for you as a really belated birthday present. So that's good news. And I'm glad you know the cool stuff in Austin, cause you will have to show it to us. And, I'm going to Ben Folds with Chilton, so we should go drink afterwareds. And I love you, so that's awesome news, right? Right?

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2004/9/13simmons.html

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry Anderson? I think I remember you saying something about that once, but I tried to block it from my mind. Sigh. I haven't been paying attention; I really need to get to know you better.

Elliot

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, E. I guess you'll have to take back that judge's robe you were going to suprise C with. Sounds like it wouldn't go over well.

Mark

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I have to post anonymously on this too because blogger knows my name, but it will put my first and last name on a comment where I tell you, hey that's crazy, I have sex dreams too, except they don't involve people from TV, just random people that I don't actually know, and I am trying to get them to have sex with me. Okay that says something scary about me. Oh wait, does that count as too much information?
Okay, also...when we come down, will you show me a food stamp? I don't think I've ever actually seen one. Ooh, I just had a great idea: during the dare when C or I have to pick up someone in the grocery store in Austin (see my comment on CR's blog), the pickup line can be "Can I get you to write your number for me on my food stamps?" We'll ask him for his signautre along with it. Also, we can totally stay a night with you! I'm sure it won't hurt Janice's feelings if we just stay one night with her at all. We definitely have to go out on the town together when we are in Austin. We will just scrounge up as much money as we need to have a good time. Can't wait to see you!

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home