And they whirl and they twirl and they tango

Infrequently updated, uninteresting blather.

Friday, February 11, 2005

Drag Kings 'n Things

Well, my body is still hanging on to the whole sleep 5, awake 2, sleep 1 schedule, so I'm doing some early morning blogging. This doesn't happen every single night, but it happens often enough that I can call it a pattern. Perhaps my body has just decided that it only needs 5 hours of sleep from now on, and the only reason it goes back to sleep at 7am is that it's sick of lying in bed awake.

In other news, things have been getting rough for my friends Laura and Giles lately, and I've been worried about them most of this week. I strongly dislike that a lot of their relationship issues sound eerily similar to ones that Elliot and I had, because I feel like I have to stop them from doing whatever we ended up doing wrong...and I'm not sure what that was. Anyway, I'm starting to wonder if Giles will regret ever meeting me. I tried to set him up with Cathy the Communist last year, and that crashed and burned; then he met my friend Courtney and made out with her, which would eventually come back to bite him in the ass when he started dating Laura, and now he's having problems with Laura. Maybe it's not a good idea for me to introduce people--I should always keep the people I know separate from each other.

I wish I had some exciting news, but the truth is I'm just trying to keep busy. E at work is in a drag king show tonight, and we're all supposed to go. Perhaps I will get to dance with some hot lesbians, preferably after having a few beers. Last time I went to E's drag show, I was a bit toasted and I ended up taking off my bra and throwing it on stage at her. She was surprised and delighted, and since then she seems to think of me differently. I suppose you can't get much of an idea of what someone is like from working with them--she thought she was the only party animal in the office.

I put new batteries in my digital camera that I haven't seen in months and months. There were four pictures of Elliot on there that I had forgotten about, and...it was sad. It wasn't too bad because they were mostly pretty terrible pictures, but it was still another one of those minefield moments. I hope they will stop soon.

That's about it for now, except...7 days until Lewis Black!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good lord - I hope against hope that things between the Giles and I will never be so bad that he will regret that you ever caused us to meet, although I have to admit that you probably have a better idea of his emotional state this week than I have had. Right now, at least, I am in happy time as a result of having lots of time to myself this week, many short but fun AIM conversations with Giles, unexpectedly going to Ben Folds together, a really nice good-bye last night, and much excitement over tonight's date. (Which, I've been promised, will knock my socks off, despite the fact that I will not be wearing socks). Anyway, I can't help but feel that my having happy time means that Giles is too, but I'm sure that's a completely naive idea.

And back to other really good news - YAAAAAY Louis Black! I should have the tickets in the mail in a couple days. I'm excited about this trip for SO many reasons, including seeing you (of course!!!), hopefully good road trip times with Giles, Chipotle burritos, and of course Louis Black himself. See you soon babe! (It's so awesome that I can say that!)
-- Lorelai

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God, Chipotle. With all that's gone on this week, I completely forgot that. Holla.



Giles

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home