And they whirl and they twirl and they tango

Infrequently updated, uninteresting blather.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Loved by the Bell

I received an unexpected package in the mail last night. I didn't recognize the return address and there was no card inside. Imagine my surprise when I opened it to find Saved by the Bell seasons 3 and 4! I was overjoyed at first, and then my heart stopped momentarily. A few minutes later on my way to meet someone from work, I called Laura and said, "Please tell me you got me a present." She said yes, she had, and I breathed a sigh of relief before thanking her jubliantly. For a moment I thought it was from Elliot, and that would mean I'd have to cry.

I had a sad thought after I got off the phone with Laura. I should have known that Elliot didn't send me that package, because it was the kind of thing I would do, not him. I think if you want to be happy in love, you should find someone who not just loves you, but figures out how to show it in ways you'll understand.

I could go into a long story about my mother right now, but I'll spare you. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I totally totally totally agree with your statement about finding someone who shows love in ways that you understand. I remember the story about your mom...which also means that looking back, the fact that we had a vaccuum-sealed, bagged pancake in our freezer for months was just evidence that your mom loves you. =)

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and that was Lorelai.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home