And they whirl and they twirl and they tango

Infrequently updated, uninteresting blather.

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Love and thirst are one.

Do you think I won't steal from you?
I would blithely shear your sun-kissed ringlets,
And leave you bleating bald,
Spin it all into gold and hoard it in my bowels.
I don't want love, I want you--
One rosy piece at a time.

God made me flat and dry like a worry stone,
So circle me with your thumbs.
Writhe around in a cloud of sighs
Like a child in warm sheets.
Come with tears, moist breath, water everywhere;
I am storing up for the dry season.

I dare you to turn away now, love.
You are not your own,
You were bought at a price.

-Anonymous

4 Comments:

Blogger Jefe said...

"bleating bald?" Very nice.

But if you're going to keep this up, and I'll have to read this for 2 weeks until you put something else up, the word is "hoard." "Horde" = Mongols.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Muskrat Love said...

Sorry, Jefe. It was a cut-and-paste job. But now it's fixed. :) Thanks for noticing.

10:20 AM  
Blogger wayne said...

That has to be the best verse/prose/thing I've read in quite some time. I was so dazzled, I didn't even notice the horde of ringlets.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Beardking said...

Wayne, of course you didn't notice the "horde", you are the one that continuously says 'these ones'. :-)

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home