And they whirl and they twirl and they tango

Infrequently updated, uninteresting blather.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Love in all the wrong places

Surgery update: It was postponed last Friday because I got strep throat. It is occuring TODAY at 1:00pm, so think happy thoughts around that time.

My new friends Lorne and Judith took me to the house of some friends of theirs for dinner last night. I was promised that I would meet some VERY interesting people. Apparently these folks are in a polyamorous setup in a house in North Austin, and they all just sort of share each other as they live together. They study tantra and witchcraft and yada yada yada, and supposedly they're very deep and very sexually in tune. Well, I'm here to report that they were some of the most dull people I've met since I moved here. How disappointing! They weren't interesting, they were just people who try to cultivate bizarre and exotic interests to hide the fact that they have absolutely no personality. Their house was draped in scarves and tapestries, there was strange Middle Eastern music playing in the background, they grew peyote cacti in the backyard...and yet still they were totally boring. It was such a cheat. Lorne and Judith are themselves in an "open relationship," which is not polyamory per se, but still seems to spice things up for them. Different strokes for different folks, eh?

In other news, my parents are arriving tomorrow and I have remnants of hickie marks on my neck. Yes, hickies. Who gives hickies after the age of 15, I don't know, but apparently they haven't gone out of style yet. I'm praying that the marks fade; I really don't want to have that "Who's sucking on your neck?" conversation right now. I already had to teach class in this state, much to the amusement of the 16 and 17-year-olds.

Well, I go now to face the surgeon. If I die, I hope that doesn't mean the hickies will never fade from my corpse. That could make my funeral awkward for my family. Closed casket, perhaps?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jefe said...

Ahem. Where, exactly, are these cacti?

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home